Are you looking for a community service project? Would you also like to participate in a teambuilding event you will never forget? Do you want to stay on property because of a time crunch in your schedule? Then this is it ~ uCANdo ~ a unique opportunity to accomplish all three objectives in one fun-filled event!
Who You’ll Support
Imagine going hungry, right here, in the wealthiest country in the world. It hardly seems possible but it’s true. The reasons are many. Job losses. Stagnant or declining wages. Escalating costs and high medical expenses. The fact is, 49 million Americans are at risk of hunger. That’s one in six Americans, and many of them are children and the elderly.
Through this event, your group will have the opportunity to stop a few stomachs from growling. Locally, your event will support Feeding South Florida, a not-for-profit organization that empowers other South Florida not-for-profit organizations to assist people in need and improve their lives. They do this by providing food and other grocery products; and by educating and engaging our community to fight hunger and poverty.
How It Works
This is a charity competition where teams test their mettle to see who can build the most astounding structure made entirely from full cans of food. Structures are created from the imagination, by stacking a variety of can sizes and shapes using the product labels as the color pallet. Structurally self-supporting, the only other materials to be used are 1/4” leveling, cardboard, tape, rubber bands and wire.
Here’s how it works. Teams are divided and given color code team ID. Using a fun game, each will choose a fearless leader to guide them in the challenge. To get the creative juices flowing, guests will join in a fast-thinking game to fire them up. Then they’ll be assigned an area for building, which will already have the supplies they need in place. Each team will get specific color combinations, which not only lends a little structure to their creative thinking, but also makes for a more impactful visual sculpture in the end.
Then it’s time for the fun! Teams are challenged to create a sculpture out of the food they have been provided. They will also have some “money” to purchase items from the “store” or to use to barter with other teams for added supplies.
When all of the Canned Creations are complete, our experienced judges will choose the “14 Carrot Award Winner” for the most creative and best executed sculpture.
At the close of the competition all of the food used in the structures is donated to local food banks to feed those most in need.
The uCANdo event will include:
- Coordination of event for teams of 10 players each
- All boxed & canned food products, plus equipment and supplies, to design and build sculptures
- Professional facilitator/MC and costumed, professional recreation staff to coordinate and lead the event
- DJ and/or sound system to add color commentary and fun tunes
- Awards for the winning team members
- Color coded team ID (armbands or bandannas)
- Delivery of all food to the local charity partner after the event
- Coordination, planning, preparation, and implementation of the event
- All travel, delivery, set and strike expenses
Note: Any changes in logistics, teams size/quantity, inclusions, etc may result in a price increase. All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge may be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event. Agency representatives and/or kids are subject to timing of your event and availability.
Client/Hotel to Provide:
- Space/room for all activities including any admission or facility fees that may apply for participants and event staff
- Parking for event staff
- Power hookup for DJ/sound system
- Any food or beverage requirements for participants (optional)
- Skirted and draped six or eight foot tables
This event is available as a table-top event, if you prefer not to donate this amount of food.
Ideal Group Size: 30 or more guests
Length: 1.5 to 2 hours
Space Required: Open space, indoors or out