THIS OR THAT
Encourage guests to get to know one another in a light-hearted competition
In today’s world, networking is a necessity. A mountain of research shows that professional networks lead to more job and business opportunities, broader and deeper knowledge, improved capacity to innovate, faster advancement, and greater status and authority. Building and nurturing professional relationships also improves the quality of work and increases job satisfaction.
This or That is an excellent event to foster efficient networking for all types of guests. As guests enter the room they are each given five to ten question cards, these questions are “Would you rather” and “This or That” style questions. During the event, they must mingle with other participants. With each new person that they meet they pick one of their cards and they ask them the question. If they correctly guess the participants ans wer they get to keep the card and vice versa.
For Example: If “Ted” meets “Robin”; Ted’s card says “Would I rather – Live with my Mother in Law forever, OR Have my child never move away from home”. If the Robin guesses the correct choice that Ted would pick, then Robin gets to KEEP that card. If she guesses incorrectly, Ted would get to keep his card. Then they switch roles and Robin asks Ted one of her questions.
At the end of the event, each person gets to trade in the amount of cards they are left holding for raffle tickets in which they place into the prize jar. Then tickets are drawn, and prizes are awarded. This or That makes networking more palatable, its allows your guests to think about how their interests and goals align with those of people they meet and how that can help forge meaningful working relationships.
This or That Event Inclusions
- Design of the event for 20 – 10,000 guests
- Event design for a 1 to 2 hour event
- Professional MC / facilitator and event staff to run the game
- All equipment and supplies necessary for the event
- Prizes for the winners (5 prizes)
- Travel, set-up, strike & delivery of the event
Client Provided Items
- Space/Room for the activity
- Parking for event staff
- Guest Food & Beverage, as desired
- Microphone and sound system with an audio hook-up for the MC
- Trash cans
- Skirted tables for supplies and11equipment
- Riser/Stage for groups over 100