The OH-Mazing Race!
What happens when you combine the thrill of an old-fashioned scavenger hunt with sophistication, high-energy and the WOW-filled experiences of the city? You get The OH-Mazing Race! Relationships, conversations and teams will never be the same again as they are turned every which way but loose in this incredulous adventure.
Where It Happens:
Your Oh-Mazing Race can be designed to take place in any number of fabulous cities, theme parks, and venues. Or even at your hotel or resort! We’ll customize it to fit the unique features and culture of the area.
How it Works:
Welcome to the Race! Basically, The Oh-Mazing Race is a team oriented version of TV’s Amazing Race, with tons of surprises thrown in. Teams seek out hidden challenge stations utilizing clues posted by our designers.
In the “Race Zone”, teams earn points in two types of tasks: challenges and missions. Both require the teams to be creative and act young at heart. Both occur within the most exciting part of the city. And both guarantee that everyone gets in on the action. Every minute counts as they race against the clock. The object of the game is to earn the most points by scoring high in the challenges and being creative in the missions.
The challenges require taking risks, thinking different and using your unique talents and skills as you experience the uniqueness of the area. Teams may not be able to accomplish them all, so they will have to strategize which ones to accomplish in which order. Sample challenges might include:
- Visiting a bar to taste test a drink called “OH-Mazing One” and identifying the ingredients
- Filling sand buckets with giant water super-soakers
- Visiting a wine bar and taste testing a wine to identify the country it comes from
- Creating a trash to flash runway show
- Solving a puzzle to get a number that unlocks a chest
- Writing and performing a business blues song
- Grabbing and eating a ‘snack’ from our Fear Factor Grab Bag.
- Identifying movies from letters in their poster
- Creating a team mascot
- Go a round on the Dance Dance Revolution video machine at the arcade
- Racing on giant scooters
- Matching Florida themed items with their prices in a quick round of TV’s Price is Right.
- Becoming a rock star in our Iband competition
- Creating a masterful portrait of someone on your team in noodle art
- Mastering a technique such as the scissor putt in our golf “trick shot” competition
Missions are fun fillers designed to not only add bonus points, but to cause your teams to laugh out loud. A sampling of the missions your teams might encounter include:
- Avoiding the obnoxious clown. If they are touched by him, they will be stuck with him for a certain time and docked points.
- Buying the tackiest tourist souvenir they can find.
- Taking “Before” and “After” pictures of their team makeover
- Get a penny pressed with a designated logo
- Finding things they all have in common
The miles and feet tick off, but there’s no time to catch your breath… the next challenge is waiting! You’ve got to make the deadline, or there’s a stiff price to pay.
The final challenge will require teams to meet at the designated location (we suggest an adult-beverage establishment!) where they will complete one final challenge for bonus points.
The winners are awarded their prizes, and of course bragging rights for the rest of the conference!
Summary of Investment:
Your event includes:
- Event design for teams of up to 8-10 players each
- A professional MC & event staff to operate the event
- A tightly plotted adventure consisting of a diverse range of challenges & missions
- Cameras to prove your finds and creativity
- Planted clues and props
- All equipment and supplies
- Color coded team ID (bandannas or armbands)
- Prizes for the 1st place team
- All planning, set and strike for the event
- All travel and delivery costs
Note: All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge may be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event.
Client/Hotel to Provide:
- Space/room for opening and closing, including any entrance, admission tickets or facility fees for that venue
- Parking for event staff
- Guests transportation to the event site, if required
- One wireless microphone with sound system for MC, at opening and closing of event
Ideal Group Size: 30 or more guests
Length: 1.5 to 3 hours
Space Required: Large urban area, or large resort with lots of space