The Fresh Produce 500
A Fresh Approach to Producing Results
1-2 Hour Event
Create an atmosphere that encourages networking and teambuilding as you set the stage for an energizing meeting with this ideal relationship-building event. Your team will develop an increased sense of camaraderie and esprit de corps as everyone works together to win the Grand Prix of racing events, the Fresh Produce 500sm!
And the best part is…your event contributes to the local community!
The Fresh Produce 500sm:
- Breaks up “cliques” and encourages communication as participants get to know one another.
- Encourages teams to utilize problem-solving skills as they test and adapt their racecars.
- Ends with an exciting race that leaves attendees motivated and ready for more!
- Is a 100% GREEN event that gives back!
“Thanks again for providing a wonderful program…the NACE Fresh Produce 500! Our group has occasionally been labeled as “stuffy” and “cliquish,” but after last night, I doubt that was said by anyone! It is wonderful to have a program that gets people out of their seats and involved with each other.”
Susan Nunn, National Association of Catering Professionals
The racing is hot, hot, hot as you get ready to take a fresh approach to producing results. Even a chef would be delighted and amazed to see his fruits and vegetables turned into creations such as Zippy Zucchini and Monster Truck Potatoes.
The group will be divided into teams, and each challenged to construct a racing vehicle out of fresh produce and the other supplies provided. Teams act as pit crews to work together with non-traditional car parts to analyze the supplies and determine which will be more streamlined or have the best body design. As the building begins, crewmembers take turns giving input and making adjustments to the frame, balancing the tires, and debating size and weight restrictions. And team spirit is showcased as each crew affectionately gives their car a nickname, and even a sponsor if they want.
Since it is imperative that these cars meet the strict guidelines set forth by NAFVEG (National Association of Fruit and Vegetable Racers), each car will undergo a technical inspection prior to racing. Practice laps will ensue, giving the teams time to head back to the pits to fine tune their “vehicular veggies” and be in top racing form when the green flag is waved.
The big race will be run in qualifying heats, culminating in the grand finale. Rest assured, in all NAFVEG races points are awarded for numerous feats above and beyond winning the race. Prizes will also be “produced” for the most spectacular crash or the most creative car design. So, rev your engines and get ready for the Fresh Produce 500. You might just be the one to take the checkered flag for a run down Victory Lane!
At the end of the races, all of the produce that is leftover and in ‘eating condition’ is donated to folks in need. All the “used” produce gets stripped from the cars, and put into our composter. The compost is then donated to Peghorn Nature Park where it is used in educational programs to teach kids about recycling, conserving and protecting the earth. Another great reason to love this event – it is 100% green!
The Fresh Produce 500sm will include:
- Coordination of racing for guests divided into teams of 6-8 players each
- All racing supplies and produce necessary to build racing cars
- “Produce 500” racetrack, checkered racing flags and appropriate decor
- MC & Professional, costumed event staff to supervise and run the event
- Color-coded team ID (Bandannas or armbands)
- DJ and/or sound system for fruit and veggie racing tunes
- Awards for the top 2 teams
- Composting and delivery to the agency
- All planning, coordination and implementation of the event
- All delivery, set and strike expenses
NOTE: Any changes in team size, location, inclusions, or other logistical factors may cause the price to change. All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge may be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event.
Client/Hotel to provide:
- Space/room for all activities including any admission or facility fees that may apply for participants and event staff
- Parking for event staff
- Power hookup for sound/lighting and two six or eight foot draped and skirted tables
- Six 6 foot skirted and draped tables to put each track on
- One draped table per team
- All guest food and beverage requirements