The Big Picture
It’s a frame up! Teams brush up on their artistic skills, creating a masterpiece of epic proportion. All they need is the ‘Big Picture’ approach…
Everyone knows it is important to step back and look at the ‘big picture’ every now and then, particularly when looking at an organization and how its people operate and communicate internally. With The Big Picture the importance of teamwork, co-operation and communication is reinforced through the process of painting an artistic masterpiece of truly epic proportions.
At the start of the exercise the delegates are divided into small teams responsible for painting one or several individual canvases – each a small segment of The Big Picture artwork. Armed with brushes, paint, very little information and, importantly, no idea what the image will be, the teams have to work with each other to ensure lines meet and colors match.
Delegates soon realize that to be successful, they have to co-operate with the other teams rather than compete. In short, they have to take a ‘big picture’ view to ensure that each canvas fits perfectly and the final result is a success. The Big Picture image can be inspired by a company’s brand, conference theme, products, values, goals or, alternatively, it can be a large scale reproduction of a famous work of art.
Once complete, the canvases from all the teams are collected, framed together and covered. The highlight of The Big Picture is the final reveal where, following a debrief, the masterpiece is unveiled to the delegates for the first time with inevitable loud cheers and thundering applause. The completed masterpiece can be displayed back in the office as a lasting reminder of the importance of teamwork.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OPTION
Due it its market relevance, Big Picture has been very successful and many clients have used the activity as a vehicle to ‘give back in some way’. Some of our clients have used the decorative nature of Big Picture to brighten up wall spaces in hospices, play groups or old peoples’ homes. The most popular CSR angle has been auctioning the picture for charity post event, earning a lot of money over the last decade.
Key Business Benefits
Emphasizes collaboration » Supports strategic planning » Visualizing the future » Creates brand awareness » Changes attitudes » Unifies the group » Encourages problem solving » Reinforces creative thinking » Shared experience
Summary of Investment
Your event includes:
- Design of event for teams of 10 people each
- Custom collaborative methodology to frame the event for debrief
- Two-three hour event time frame
- Professional MC / Event Manager / Host for the event
- Professional event staff to operate the event
- All equipment and supplies (paints, brushes, table covers, etc.) for the activity
- 2 Canvasses per team (approx. 12” to 18” square)
- Custom graphic artwork and frame
- Protective clothing for each person
- Color coded team ID (armbands or bandannas)
- DJ and/or sound system, with microphone and upbeat music for the event
- All delivery, set and strike
- All Travel & Delivery expenses
Client to Provide:
- Space for all events, including any facility fees that may apply
- Parking for event staff
- Power for the sound system
- Trash Cans
- Tables for teams and supplies
- 2 Hours between finale of activity and presentation of framed artwork
- Small riser/stage, for groups over 100 guests
- Any guest F&B, as desired