Giving Hope ~ Giving Hands!™
Connecting hands, hearts, and heads. This unique program is a life changing event for the recipients of your gifts, and a team changing experience for your associates.
Music sets the stage as your guests arrive and join their team mates at a table. The MC is welcomed to the stage, and opens with the statement “Today, you are going to change lives. Accessing the potential of your hands, heads and hearts to build a better team, a better organization and a better world, you will be building hands needed by tens of thousands of people around the world who cannot afford prosthetic devices.”
To begin, teams will engage in activities designed to showcase hands, head and heart. They will compete in a series of games and challenges that will require collaboration, teamwork, mental focus, sharing and connection – but will only have the use of one of their hands to complete the exercises. The games might include:
- Play with your Food: Create a portrait of someone on your team
- Card Stack: Using only one hand, teams must build the highest tower of cards.
- Pocket Scavenger Hunt: Let’s Make a Deal style game where teams search for unusual and random items.
During the challenges, teams will laugh and have fun, leading up to the big final challenge: assembling prosthetic hands. As they begin, they learn that 2000 landmines happen globally every month, one every 20 minutes. And that 95% of the casualties are civilians. All the hands they will assemble today are given free-of-charge to those in need.
As they work together to assemble the hands, around the room it dawns on people that they are using their hands to create something for someone who does not have a hand. A simple fact that is easily forgotten about while in the ‘doing’ of the assembly, this realization suddenly inspires attention, compassion, and care for what they are doing and amplifies the experience.
In the midst of the fun, engagement, and learning people always leave feeling more connected. In the Giving Hope ~ Giving Hands session it seems they also leave with a profound sense of gratitude and humility.
This event will not only create relationships and team understanding, it will enable a fellow human being to draw, eat, tie their shoes, and hug again. You won’t believe what can be done in a couple of hours when you engage your hands, heads and hearts.
Your event includes:
- Event design for teams of 3-4 people each
- Professional MC/Facilitator to host the experience
- One (1) prosthetic hand for every team
- All tools to assemble the hands
- All equipment and supplies for the challenges
- Sound system with microphone and music
- Event staff to assist with delivering the event
- Color coded team bandannas and table designations
- Set-up, strike and delivery of the event
- ALL travel expenses
Note: Any changes in logistics, teams size/quantity, inclusions, etc may result in a price increase. All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge may be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event. Agency representatives and/or kids are subject to timing of your event and availability.
Client to provide:
- Space / room for the event, including any facility fees that may apply (Indoor space recommended)
- Parking for all event staff
- Any venue charges levied by the host facility for rigging and electrical requirements
- Three 6-foot skirted tables for sound system and equipment
- One skirted stage/riser (approximately 10ftx8ft) for groups over 50 people
- LCD projector/screen for video (if desired)
- Guest food and beverage, as desired
- One rectangular banquet table for every two teams (6-8 people per table)
Ideal Group Size: 20 or more guests
Length: 1.5 to 2.5 hours
Space Required: Indoor space