“True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.” — Arthur Ashe
In a diverse and collaborative environment, business gets done through the knowledge and relationships of the people on the ‘team’. This fun event is designed to encourage your guests to get to know their colleagues in a whole new light, leading to ongoing relationships that last long beyond the duration of the meeting!
While your group builds connections among each other, they are also connecting with a soldier – and allowing a soldier to connect with his friends and family!
This event will:
- Encourage newcomers and old-timers to get to know one another
- Establish ‘conversation topics’ for the rest of the meeting or conference
- Raise the energy level and enthusiasm of the group
- Create lasting friendships and relationships while contributing to our military overseas
Who You’ll Help
Your gift of Prepaid Phone Cards will be distributed by the United Service Organizations (USO), whose mission is to provide morale, welfare and recreation services to uniformed military personnel and their families. The USO provides a wide range of programs and services worldwide. As a result, our service men and women have the opportunity to experience a “touch of home” even while serving far away from loved ones.
How It Works
In this event, all it takes is a little communication to win big for our soldiers! Each table becomes a team, with the objective of completing our ‘connecting games’ to earn as much cash as they can. The high energy, entertaining activities might include:
- Build It: Teams get a stack of building materials (maybe K’nex, Lego or even marshmallows!) and have to connect them to fit the directions.
- Commonalities: Teams must find as many things as they possibly can that they all have in common. The traits may be personal or business, and are entirely up to the individual tables to explore. The object is to find as many connections as they can, because those connections really add up.
- Great Connection Race: Using tubes, teams must make a ‘run’ that will get the ball to the end in the quickest time possible.
- Match Game: Can you connect all the things that match? A fun game combining pop culture, trivia, and even some creativity!
- Puzzlers: Teams will each get a puzzle that they must assemble and decorate. Then the art and message on the puzzle is included in the gift of the grand finale.
- Name that Tune: All the songs have something to do with ‘connections’. Can you identify the song and artist?
Wagering and Winning
Throughout the games, teams may have the chance to wager some of their hard earned money to see if they can double or triple the amount they’ve earned. The betting and wagering among the teams adds a hilarious dynamic and some friendly banter.
After the games, teams count up their cash to find out who earned the most. As they compare with the rest of the group, the laughter and “aha’s” make it clear that everyone has kindled new friendships.
But the best is yet to come, as your guests find out the true meaning of their cash and their connections ~ their link to a soldier. One of the most valuable gifts we can give to those serving their country is the gift of connecting with family and friends. Being able to make a phone call at any time for any reason is priceless.
So for every dollar your teams have earned we’ll provide a gift of minutes on a phone card to a soldier! To ensure an emotional connection is created, your guests will experience a short video of solders connecting with their families. There won’t be a dry eye in the house as your guests realize the impact they are having on a soldier.
- Design of the event for teams of 8 people each
- Professional MC / facilitators to lead the event
- All equipment and supplies necessary for the event
- Sound system for microphone, music and announcements
- Color-coded Team ID (bandannas or armbands)
- Phone cards to be given to the USO/Soldiers
- Shipping of all phone cards to the receiving agency
- Finale Video of soldiers to create emotional impact
- Recognition awards for the winning team
- Set-up, strike & delivery of the event
Note: Any changes in logistics, teams size/quantity, inclusions, etc may result in a price increase. All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge may be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event. Agency representatives and/or kids are subject to timing of your event and availability.
Client to Provide:
- Space/Room for the activity, including any facility fees
- Parking for event staff
- LCD Projector, screens and hookup to sound to show the video
- Power for the sound system
- Draped and skirted tables
- Guest Food & Beverage, as desired
- Small stage for groups over 100
- Rounds for each team
Ideal Group Size: 20 or more guests
Length: 1 to 2 hours
Space Required: Indoor space