Feel Good . . . Do Good℠
Bike Building Challenge
The event where YOU make Dreams come True!
Would you like to make a positive difference and leave a lasting impression in the community you’re meeting in? Do you want your group to develop a team bond that transcends their day to day work lives? Then “Feel Good . . . Do Good” is the event to choose as your group gets involved in a service project that is also a teambuilding event!
The unique design of this event allows each person to participate in a way that is meaningful to them, to feel they have made a significant contribution, and to be comfortable and alive with team spirit. Through this event, you will help make dreams come true for a very worthy non-profit organization.
The Bicycle Building Event!
Many inner city youth would give everything for a bright shiny new bike! In this event, your team is tasked with assembling bikes and making them rider-ready. The goal ~ assemble the bikes correctly, participate in all the challenges, and be the fastest team in the race! All under time restrictions to be ready for the final challenge!
To begin, teams are divided and given a basic box containing pieces of a bicycle and all the tools they need to assemble the bikes – and a looming deadline. What they are not given is the instruction manual! Welcome to Christmas Eve! As they assemble, they can visit the “Inspection Station” to get assistance. They’ll also compete in challenges and trivia designed to bring out that team spirit. Challenges will be designed with your input and goals in mind; sample challenges might include:
- Power of Team: Each team is given a sheet of Woordles – puzzles that they must complete. By sharing ideas and spring boarding off one another’s thoughts, they can get the solution to all of them.
- Name that Tune: This challenge will require all the generations in your work force to work together to name the songs.
- Commonalities: Teams must find as many things as possible that they all have in common.
As your group goes through the challenges, they are rewarded with bonus points and maybe even extra bike supplies. The building continues, and teams continue the process of working together to accomplish the goal.
When the bikes are completed, they will go through a technical inspection prior to the big race. Teams will compete in a ‘bike rodeo’ ~ a fun and unique obstacle course that will test their teamwork skills and reveal how they did building their bikes! Winners will go home with a prize, but the BEST prize is the look on your guests’ faces when the bikes are given to the representative from a local non-profit agency!
The lessons of business and the feelings of doing good are solidified in this event. The kids will wheel off with their brand new bike, and your group walks away having experienced a day of fun and creating heartshare in the local community.
Now’s your chance to Make Dreams Come True while celebrating team spirit and having fun!
The “Feel Good ~ Do Good” Bike Building Event will include:
- Coordination of event for teams of 10 people each
- Research and coordination with the local/national charities to donate the bikes, and delivery to the charity
- MC and facilitator to host the event
- Bikes, helmets and locks for each child
- Professional bike technicians to inspect the bikes and insure proper assembly and safety for the kids
- All equipment, tools and supplies for the challenges and the bike rodeo competition
- Challenges based on business objectives
- Costumed, professional event staff to coordinate and lead the event
- DJ and/or sound system to add color commentary and fun tunes
- Color coded team identification
- Awards for the top team
- All design, coordination, planning, preparation, and implementation of the event
- Delivery, set and strike
Note: All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge may be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event.
Client/Hotel to Provide:
- Space/room for all activities including any admission, permitting or facility fees that may apply for participants and event staff
- Parking for event staff
- Power hookup for DJ/sound system
- Six tables, skirted & draped
- Large garbage can
- Any guest food or beverage requirements for participants
For added impact, we’ll invite the children – the recipients of the bikes – to join your group. Costs may include transportation, snacks, a supervisor and gifts for the kids.
Ideal Group Size: 20 or more guests
Length: 1 to 3 hours, depending on group size and inclusions
Space: Indoors or outdoors, open space