A Gift for Teaching
Would you like to make a positive difference and leave a lasting impression in the communities you meet in? Do you want your group to develop a team bond that transcends their day to day work lives? Then our “Feel Good . . . Do Good” event is the one for you as your group gets involved in a service project that is also a terrific team experience.
Who You’ll Help
Almost half the students in America can’t afford lunch, let alone school supplies. With school budget’s being slashed across the country, teachers are being asked to do more with even less. In many cases, devoted teachers spend between $500-$1,000 of their own money every semester to buy school supplies for students and classrooms. Now is your chance to help!
What You’ll Do
For this rewarding project, your group will be divided into teams and given color-coded team ID for spirit. Their challenge: solve clues to find the needed supplies to assemble school and toiletry kits to support our local teachers.
To add some fun to an ordinary stuffing event, teams will get clues that lead them to various locations where they’ll find various supplies – shampoos, soaps, toothbrushes and other personal hygiene items or markers, paper, pencils, rulers and other school supplies. A sample clue might be:
18 = H on a G C
When deciphered, teams figure out that 18 = Holes on a Golf Course, and head there to get their supplies. The clues will all be fun and lighthearted, in the spirit of grade-school and recess for kids. They might have to name the next verse in a song, identify a close-up picture, or even solve a word puzzle. It’s all about getting to know one another while helping someone else!
Once back, each team will have collected markers, pencils, paper, notebooks, craft materials, bulletin board supplies, hygiene supplies, etc. They’ll receive their boxes, and must do their best to set up a system to get them stuffed in the quickest time possible. Then they’ll pack them up and write a quick “love note to a teacher” to thank them for the job they are doing educating our youth.
In the end, everyone wins. Your group leaves with a sense of spirit with their team and with a contribution of ‘heart-share’ to the local community.
Your “Gift for Teaching” event includes:
- Complete planning and coordination of event
- Event design for teams of 10 people each
- Professional MC and Costumed, professional event staff to set-up, coordinate and supervise the event
- Complete development of clues for hunt, plus all equipment for the challenges
- All supplies for teacher supply boxes
- Color coordinated team ID (bandanas or armbands)
- Coordination with and delivery to local schools and agencies
- All travel, delivery, set-up & strike
- Sound system and microphone for instruction and tunes throughout your event
- Awards for the winning team
Note: Any changes in logistics, teams size/quantity, inclusions, etc may result in a price increase. All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge may be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event. Agency representatives and/or kids are subject to timing of your event and availability.
Client/Hotel to Provide:
- Space/room for all activities including use of space and any admission or facility fees that may apply for participants and event staff
- Parking for event staff
- Trash Cans
- Skirted and draped banquet tables
- Any guest food or beverage requirements
Ideal Group Size: 30 or more guests
Length: 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on group size and inclusions
Space: Indoors & outdoors, lots of space