Taste of the Tropics
Add some excitement to your reception or theme party with a little “Taste of the Tropics.”
Taste of the Tropics:
- Encourages guests to break out of cliques and meet new people.
- Adds an element of fun and excitement to the event.
- Is a creative twist to kick off any opening night and insure conversations for the remainder of the meeting.
“The “Tropical Drink” ice-breaker was a complete success!…All the hard work you and your team put into the conference did not go unnoticed…it was awesome!”
Barbara Solis, Greater Orlando Area Chapter Meeting Professionals International
THE lazy spirit of the tropics makes everyone think of a tall, cool, taste-tempting tropical drink. Ever wonder what it would be like to be a “Mud Slinger,” a “Grasshopper,” a “Salty Dog,” or a “Bushwacker?” Well, this fun mixer gives you the chance to try it out for a while as you and your colleagues come together through the “Scotch Mist” for a “Night Cap” before the “Tequila Sunrise.”
As each person arrives, they take on an alternate identity – as one ingredient of a drink. Mingling around the party are maraschino cherries, gin, creme de cocoa, ice cubes and other necessities of bartending. The object is for each person to find one or more ingredients that combine with them to “make” some type of drink. For instance, rum combines with pineapple juice and coconut creme to make a “Pina Colada.” Rum can then move on to combine with Amaretto and cola to make a “Lounge Lizzard” or just cola for a “Rum and Coke.” Every time a new drink forms, one of our wandering bartenders will give those “ingredients” a stir stick.
At the end of the evening, the person with the most stir sticks will be our Taste of the Tropics winner. So whether you’re a fan of “Tom Collins,” “Harvey Wallbanger” or would rather sit back and enjoy a “Cherry Coke,” join us for a Taste of the Tropics that you’ll never forget!
Note: No actual drinking is included in this event.
The Taste of the Tropics Mixer will include:
- Coordination of a 1-2 hour event
- All equipment and supplies for the mixer including drink labels and swizzle sticks
- Costumed, professional MC & staff to coordinate and supervise the event
- Grand prize for the person collecting the most swizzle sticks, plus assorted ‘mystery drink’ prizes
- All travel, delivery, set-up, strike & implementation of the event
NOTE: All event dates are subject to availability and are only guaranteed upon contract signing. In addition, a 5% rush surcharge will be added for any event contract signed less than two weeks prior to the event
Client to Provide:
- Space/room for the activity including any admission or facility fees that may apply
- Parking for event staff
- Microphone & sound system, with audio hookup (if desired)
- Guest food & beverage, as desired